In an outcome consistent with recent polls, the former investment banker Emmanuel Macron has won the final round of the French presidential election.More»
- Latest Raising
- Fund Manager Quick Link - Subscribers Only
- Latest News
In an outcome consistent with recent polls, the former investment banker Emmanuel Macron has won the final round of the French presidential election.
The Sydney-based boutique private equity real estate investment firm is back on the fundraising trail just over a year after closing its debut fund.
The $111.8 billion Washington State Investment Board has committed $850 million to Zocalo Special Situations.
Sabra Health Care REIT and Care Capital Properties are to combine in an all-stock merger which will create a combined company with a pro forma total market capitalisation of approximately USD7.4 billion and an equity market capitalisation of approximately USD4.3 billion.
The International Property Securities Exchange (IPSX) has revealed that Moorfield Group has invested an undisclosed amount in the current IPSX funding round.
The Scottish Government's replacement for stamp duty is negatively impacting Scotland's property market, with a slowing of high value commercial and residential sales creating a stagnated market, according to Alasdair Humphery, lead director of property firm JLL in Scotland. Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT) returns for both commercial and residential property are expected to fall well short of the targets set by John Swinney when he introduced the tax as Finance Secretary in 2013. The tax came into force from April 1 2015.
- Top Funds
- Top Managers
- Latest Users
- Investor Announcements
- Latest Research
Last year was the first year that Asia Pacific has outperformed the US and Europe in terms of annual return, according to the trade association.
The Netherlands posted the strongest non-listed real estate performance on record with total returns of 14 per cent, according to the INREV Annual Index 2017.
Equity REITs struggled in April, with a total return of 0.43 percent in the month, according to the FTSE NAREIT All Equity REITs Index. Year-to-date, the REIT index has provided a total return of 2.99 percent, and the index returned –1.57 percent in March.
Viridis Real Estate has put 67 Lombard Street up for sale for £130m as the market shows further signs of recovery and yields on prime offices in the City market return to pre-Brexit vote levels.
- Morrison Street Capital has held a $200 million final close for Morrison Street Debt Opportunities Fund, reaching its fundraising target, according to IREI’s FundTracker database.
- There have been record levels in Newcastle upon Tyne’s out-of-town office market, with transactions up 50 per cent on the same period in 2016, according to national commercial property consultancy Lambert Smith Hampton (LSH).
- Investor Mandates
- The residential team of investment manager Catella Real Estate has acquired a project development with 30 newly built residential units in Dresden for a mandate of a southern German institution. The purchase price was €8.3m.
- Apleona GVA is taking over property management for Ambassador House in the Glattpark district of Zurich. The building, parts of which were formerly used as a hotel, has been undergoing modernization work since the end of 2014 and is expected to open its doors as with a total of 46,000 square meters of office and retail space and the largest continuous floor area in Switzerland at the end of this year. Ambassador House belongs to Balintra AG, real estate company Immosip AG and Interswiss Immobilien AG.
- BNP Paribas Real Estate has won a mandate for the property management of the €900m of retail parks acquired by.
- Aparthotel operator Go Native has won a string of build-to-rent (BTR) management mandates across the UK, significantly expanding its footprint in the sector.
- Corestate Capital Holding S.A. has received a managed account mandate for the development of a micro-apartment project in Munich. The mandate was given by W5 Group, the family office of Ralph Winter, founder of Corestate. Upon completion of the project in summer 2018, the asset will comprise 55 fully furnished and self-contained serviced apartment units.
- UK Capital Transaction - By Sector
- Latest Performance
UK commercial property values saw their biggest monthly increase in March since December 2015, boosted by a spike in industrial values, according to the CBRE Monthly Index.
MSCI reported that property standing investments in Germany returned 7.8% in 2016 as published in the IPD Germany Annual Property Index. This is only slightly below the record return in 2015 of 8.1%.
U.S. equity REITs had a total return of –1.57 percent in March, according to the FTSE NAREIT All Equity REITs Index, down from February’s 4.01 percent surge. Year-to-date, equity REITs have a total return of 2.55 percent. In 2016, the sector had a total return of 8.63 percent.
UK city house price inflation is running at 6.4 per cent across the country compared to 7.8 per cent in 2016, the latest Hometrack UK Cities House Price Index reveals.
- UK Capital Transaction - By Region
Angle Property has sold a 21-acre residential development site in Walton-on-Thames to Bellway Homes.
Tricon Capital Group has completed its $820m (€752m) deal to take over Silver Bay Realty Trust.
Axiom Centre has finally been sold having stood empty for more than a decade following a deal brokered by Bruton Knowles. The centre on Winchcombe Street was closed in 2000 leaving the period building to deteriorate. It has now been bought by a Cheltenham developer. Originally a corn merchants, the building comprises three stories and was built circa 1900. The 13,105 sq ft freehold property was sold with vacant possession.
Virtuous Retail South Asia, the retail platform set up by APG and Xander, has expanded its retail footprint into North India with the purchase of a shopping mall in Punjab.
Aedifica has acquired a healthcare site to be constructed, combining senior housing with a medical centre. The LTS healthcare site will benefit from an excellent location in the centre of Winschoten, part of Oldambt (38,500 inhabitants, Province of Groningen). The site features a former school building which will be entirely redeveloped and extended by Vastgoud BV, a Dutch company specialised in developing healthcare real estate in the Groningen region.
- Latest Blog
09 March 2017
In a year of tumultuous political events, total equity raising for real estate funds was 18% down at $130 billion for the year. Within this headline total there were some significant changes in fortune for the major markets Read more »
31 October 2016
Whilst equity raised specifically for investment in continental European real estate by commingled real estate funds is currently up by nearly a third, the total targeting the UK has halved over the last 12 months. Read more »
28 October 2016
The slowing in the rate of equity raising for real estate funds has continued through 2016 and is likely to result in a total raising of around $120 billion this year. This is some 25% down on the previous year. Read more »
21 December 2015
Preliminary estimates show equity raised for real estate funds in 2015 to be $150 billion compared to $185 billion in 2014 and 2013. However, it still remains the third highest year on record. Read more »
03 September 2015
An additional $8 billion was announced during August but at $112bn , the annual total is running behind last year. Read more »